The Church of St Nicholas was built in 1846, when a new parish was formed to supersede the former chapel of ease of Spalding. The church was built by Charles Kirk, an architect from Sleaford,in “Decorated” style common in older surrounding churches. The Parish is, in modern times, again managed from St Johns, Spalding restoring the medieval situation. The village name Deeping St Nicholas appears to date from this same time. The new heating system replaced an ageing cast iron system of original solid fuel design and latterly converted to fuel oil. The new system consists of a modern semi-condensing oil ﬁred boiler in the existing boiler house and new modern triple panelled high output radiators colour coded to match their surroundings.
- Oil fired low pressure hot water system