St Frideswide’s Church is a Church of England church on the south side of the Botley Road in New Osney, West Oxford, England. The church is in
the parish of St Thomas.
The church is dedicated to the patroness of Oxford, St Frideswide. It was
designed by the 19th-century Gothic Revival architect Samuel Sanders
Teulon of Westminster, London, built by the local firm of Honour & Castle.
The foundation stone was laid in 1870 and the church was consecrated
on 10 April 1872 by John Mackarness, the Bishop of Oxford. It was
originally intended for the church tower to have a spire.
In the nave is the “Alice Door”, carved by Alice Liddell, a daughter of
Henry Liddell, the Dean of Christ Church, Oxford, made famous through
Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
St Frideswide Church has been suffering the cold for a great number of
years and we were tasked with finding a economic and effective system
whilst working within a tight budget. Several options were put before the
church before settling on an electric solution.
A total of 22 flat panelled convector heaters have been installed which
give an even comfortable heat throughout the church and they operate in
complete silence. Controls are the ever reliable Churchwarden control
system which maximises fuel efficiency coupled with ease of operation.
Legand LL wall mounted white electric heaters with brown units on the chancel
Churchwarden static 17 single zone
5 year parts and labour guarantee